QUARTET (ex FINBACK) was commissioned in 1990 by an extremely experienced yachtsman for the purpose of circumnavigating, which she did from 1990-1993. No expense was spared in the construction of this rugged and sea-kindly Ted-Hood designed “whale Bottom” sloop. QUARTET is as beautiful as she is strong. Above board her teak house and flush foredeck strike an uncommonly graceful line. Belowdeck, QUARTET has the look and feel of a Maine cabin: Herreshoff style, with custom-laminated mahogany carlins supporting the white painted wooden overhead and custom mahogany cabinetry throughout.
- loa 50'8"
- lwl 38'6"
- beam 15'6"
- draft 5'/12'
- displacement 4900lbs
- fuel capacity 262
- water capacity 240
- type Sloop
- designed by Ted Hood
- builder Lyman-Morse Boatbuilding
- model Seguin
- year 1990
- construction Fiberglass
- location Bristol, RI
- boat engine Perkins 4-236
- horsepower 85hp
- cruising speed 7.5 knots
- top speed 8.5 knots
- Perkins Diesel 85 hp
- 3-Blade Max Prop w/ spurs
- Northern Lights Generator 5.5 KW (2011)
- Bow Thruster
- Sea Recovery watermaker 33 GPH
- Espar Central Heating
- Sonnenshien Gel Cells -220 A/H 8D Start Battery
- 1500 A/H House Batteries (new 2011)
- Dedicated Gel Cell bank for Sidepower bowthruster (new 2012)
- Mastervolt Charger & Inverter (new 2017)
- 12 Volt System w/ 110 Shore and 110 thru the inverter
- 3 Solar Panels
- Aerogen Wind Generator
- 2 electric bilge pumps
- 2 manual bilge pumps
Deck & Rigging
Hull & Deck
QUARTET has a whale hull which has been modified to include a keel let. She is all fiberglass with an Airex core. Her centerboard design provides a 5′ shoal draft with the board up, 12′ down.
Topsides have been professionally maintained each season.
All varnish above board has been professionally maintained every spring (sanded and two coats Epiphanes applied)
Rigging & Deck Hardware
Note: All standing rigging inspected (2017) and any required replacement/maintenance professionally performed
- Harken Furling unit and Genoa tracks (new 2011)
- Navtec backstay/vang
- Reaching strut(aluminum)
- Forespar Carbon Whisker Pole
- Spinnaker Pole
- Barient Winches: 2 primaries are electric 2-speed
- 4 secondaries
- Centerboard/Traveler Winch is electric
- 4 Winches on mast
- 7 Hood Deck Hatches (new 2010)
- Portlights re-bedded (2019)
- Hood Spars Electric Furling Main
- Maxwell 3500 Windlass (new 2011)
- 66 lb. Bruce anchor with 300’ 3/8” high-tensile chain
- Danforth “Deep Set” anchor with chain rode and 300’ of braided nylon rode
- 75 lb. Luke Fisherman type anchor with separate chain and rode
- Custom stainless charcoal grill
- Main (new 2011)
- 110 Genoa (new 2011)
- Code Zero
- Racing Main
- Racing Genoa 150%
- North Sail Norlam 135%
- Dacron 135%
- Dacron Yankee Staysail
- Storm Jib
- Drifter/Reacher 180%
- 1 1/4oz Spinnaker
The galley offers all the amenities of a well-appointed home. It has a New Zealand-built gimballed Mariner stove. A coffee maker sits just to the right. All dishes and cookware are new and come with the boat. There is a large Grunert in-floor freezer and an even larger Grunert countertop-opening refrigerator. Countertops are all Corian and there is a backsplash with custom-made tiles. The Franke sinks and the taps and handles are all new along with two Seagull filtered water taps. Handles have been recently replaced.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.