Marie Zee is an excellent example of a well maintained J/34c.
The J/34C offers great mid-range cruising, a shoal draft, and enough performance for racing or ticking off those extra cruising miles. Much of the J/34c’s design comes from the well known J/40. The large cockpit is excellent for entertaining and housing additional crew while still being laid out with short handed cruising in mind. The UFO (Underwater Flying Object) keel is part bulb and part wing in design, with more mass and strength than conventional fin or wing keels to minimize damage in groundings. It is shaped to prevent snaring pots or weeds, and provides exceptional upwind stability due to low center of gravity.
Cockpit layout follows the innovative J/40 program with a 40″ Edson destroyer wheel, 5″ binnacle compass and guard; mainsheet system with dual self-tailing winch controls and instrument pods for multi-function remotes within easy reach of the helmsman. The reasoning is simple. Most cruising is done by two people, and someone has to get some rest on the off watch.
Marie Zee is ready for your next cruising adventure!
- loa 34'6"
- lwl 30'
- beam 11'1"
- draft 4'10"
- displacement 12,000lbs
- fuel capacity 25 gallons
- water capacity 45 gallons
- type Racer/Cruiser
- designed by J/Boats
- builder Tillotson-Pearson
- model J/34c
- year 1988
- hull material Fiberglass
- boat engine Volvo Penta 2003 (Original Engine)
- horsepower 28
The J/34c offers excellent accommodations below. Marie Zee has the optional beautiful teak interior throughout. The main salon has port and starboard settees and a centerline dropleaf table. To port is the galley and to starboard is the navigation station with a large quarter berth aft.
Going forward, there is a large V-berth cabin with a dresser and hanging locker to starboard. The head has double entry from the salon and V-berth. Head includes a manual marine toilet, sink with underneath cabinet along with a mirror on both doors.
The small galley to port makes excellent use of it’s size. Galley includes:
- Force 10 2 burner stove w/ oven
- 6 cu. ft. ice box
- Single stainless-steel galley sin
- (2) 10 lb. propane tanks in lazerette
Marie Zee has received great electronics upgrades under the current owner.
- Ray-marine C80 at the helm with Radar
- ST60+ Ray-marine Depth, Speed & Wind gauges
- Garmin GPS / Plotter at Navigation Station
- VHF IC-M412
- Automatic battery charger
- (2) GRP 31 Batteries -1 Harbormaster & 1 Sportsman
- (1) SM DELCO VOYAGER 12V Battery
- Dockside cable
- 12V DC and 110 V AC systems
Marie Zee’s sail inventory includes:
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker
- Bohndell fully battened main with two reefs (2011)
- Bohndell genoa is bi-radial (2011)
- Keel stepped Hall Spar Mast
- Mast & boom awl gripped white