J65 Good Call is an absolutely turn-key world class performance cruiser, also configured to competitively race in any offshore long-distance event. Built in 2006, she was re-fitted in 2018 by her second and current owner to enter the 2019 Transpac. There is literally nothing one could add to improve her condition or readiness to voyage. Now having two yachts in his stable, the owner is super motivated to sell.
- loa 65'
- beam 16'
- draft 9'
- displacement 50000 lb
- fuel capacity 175 gallons
- water capacity 225 gallons
- type 175 gallons
- designed by Rod Johnstone
- builder J Boats
- model J65
- year 2006
- construction Scrimp
- location San Diego, CA
- boat engine Yanmar 4JH3-DTE
- horsepower 125 hp
Good Call Overview
Sloop-rigged, the J/65 is long and lean with low wetted surface, allowing the boat to be easily driven with a moderate sail plan in light airs and to make target cruising speeds of 9-10 knots. The large, protected aft cockpit offers plenty of space to get comfortable while also providing great protection offshore.
The J/65’s versatile sail plan accommodates both a cruising setup with main and roller-furling non-overlapping headsail, and a powered-up performance program with overlapping headsails and asymmetric spinnakers tacked to the stem or flown from a carbon spinnaker pole.
Good Call‘s optimization for high performance global cruising includes an extensive systems package (AC/heat/genset/inverter, etc.), hydro bow thruster, hydraulic winches, hydraulic furler/windlass package, and a 9’ draft all-purpose keel. Good Call‘s interior delivers both on style and function. There are three private cabins, a large main saloon, a large navigation station, spacious galley, and an abundance of storage. This ocean-proven layout allows secure fore and aft crew movement below, in all conditions.
MAJOR REFIT COMPLETED 2017-2018
Good Call completed an extensive refit that upgraded and updated this beautiful 65’ sloop to “Better than New” status. It included the following upgrades:
- Added Symmetrical Sail Inventory and Symmetrical Carbon
- Spinnaker Pole and Carbon Struts; giving both asymmetrical and symmetrical options.
- All New Electronics Package
- New Entertainment System
- New Complete North Sails 3DI Racing Sail Inventory
- New North Spectra RF cruising jib
- New Offshore Spar Carbon Racing Boom (Complements Hall Carbon V-Boom)
- New Rudder and Bearing Replacement
- Kelp Cutter installed on Keel and Rudder
- Bottom of haul and appendages faired, and new bottom paint sprayed
- Underwater C\cameras installed to monitor both Keel and Rudder
- All New non- skid on deck
- Removed and re-bedded all deck hardware on non-skid
- New Prisms installed on deck
- New Mahogany veneers on Primary, Secondary and companionway wall surfaces
- Companionway stairs rebuilt and new non-skid surface applied
- All winches rebuilt
- Repainted transom and replaced teak on transom
- New shower and hardware on transom
- Refurbished and refinished all teak in cockpit
- New Tecma Freshwater heads
- All New Halyards and Running rigging
- All New interior upholstery and berth linens
- All New Chilewich runners interior
- All New interior lighting upgraded to LED
- Re-Conditioned entire Hydraulics system
- Owner’s Cabin with centerline Queen, locker, settee and private head
- Aft Quest double with head access
- Excellent ventilation throughout
- Extensive and thoughtful storage
- Spacious salon elegantly finished in rich figured sapele mahogany
- Settee berths with split backrest cushions port and starboard
- Ultra-suede fabric in main salon
- Cabinets with doors and shelves forward and outboard of settees
- Three large drawers behind each settee backrest. Varnished wood slats on hull sides, varnished main cabin table with bottle storage and two drawers
- Fixed pilot berth outboard for port settee
- Entertainment center and storage cabinets outboard of starboard settee
- Large forward-facing navigator’s center with chart storage, outboard shelf for books and binoculars, two plane angled console for mounting instruments, three utility drawers and file cabinet. Large navigation seat with back and seat cushion.
- Recessed electrical panel on bulkhead aft of nav seat with opening hinge for easy access
- Companionway entrance walled in with laminated angled steps with
- Swan style drains and handrails for safe, protected entrance and exit
- Stainless overhead grab rails placed overhead and J/160 style wood fingergrip rails under main cabin windows for safe movement in cabin. Finger grip detail continues to forward cabin.
- Teak & holly varnished cabin sole
- All bulkhead doors in panel-style, flush mounted into cold molded frames.
- Interior wood is finished in satin varnish
Contact the broker for the EXTENSIVE list of equipment on this lovely yacht.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
FOR MORE INFORMATION