Hinckley SW 42 Eileen is a wonderful example of the very popular, high-caliber, Hinckley SW 42 cruising sailboat. A rare find, the Hinckley SW 42 Eileen is yawl-rigged with numerous recent upgrades that clearly separate her from other SW 42s. This sailboat needs nothing more than a new steward to take the helm and coastal cruise or head offshore for more rigorous adventures. Impeccably maintained and extremely well equipped. If you are looking for a classic sailboat with a stellar reputation that needs nothing in the Spring, look no further. Located in Rockport, Maine, and stored inside a building, Eileen is available for viewings by appointment.
- loa 42'9"
- lwl 31'3"
- beam 12'6"
- draft 5'0 - 9'2"
- displacement 24,000 lbs (1/2 load)
- fuel capacity 52 gallons
- water capacity 50 gallons
- type Yawl
- designed by McCurdy and Rhodes
- builder Hinckley Yachts
- model Sou'wester
- year 1989
- hull material Fiberglass with Airex
- location Rockport, Maine
- boat engine 2005 Yanmar JH4E FWC
- horsepower 56hp
- cruising speed 7 knots
- top speed 8 knots
Eileen has a 2005 Yanmar 4JHE 55 hp FWC diesel engine with 2:1 reduction gear. The engine hour meter is not working. There is a 3-blade Maxi feathering prop fit to the Aquamet 22 Stainless steel shaft with rope cutter “Spurs.”
Engine is fit with Racor fuel/water separators and there is excellent access to the motor via the front and starboard side access panels. Engine space is very well insulated and also has exhaust fan to remove excess heat. Also included are the following gauges: Tach, oil pressure, engine temp, volt meter and both low oil pressure and high engine temp alarms.
- AIR CONDITIONING: Marine Air 16,000 BTU reverse-cycle air and heat
- REFRIGERATION: Sea Frost 12 v saltwater cooled reefer and freezer boxes with Eutectic plates
- WATERMAKER: Katadyn Power Survivor 160E – producing 135 gallons/day
- ADDITIONAL SYSTEMS:
- Saltwater deck wash with Jabsco 6900 series pump
- Freshwater deck wash
- 12v Bilge pump with two alarms/float switches
- (2) Manual bilge pumps
- Sump pump in head with manual/auto functions
- Propane system and (2) tanks with Solenoid/fuel shut off valve
- 12 gallon Hot Water tank
- Emergency Tiller steering system
- Fuel tank – 52 Gallon heavy gauge Monel metal
- Water tank – 100 gallons in two stainless steel tanks with gauges (Tank Tender)
- Re-built Centerboard linkage and replaced rope
- Re-built electric head
- New holding tank, hoses
- Re-built Stoway mainsail furling motor and replaced bushings in boom gooseneck
- 1000 hr inspection/service on Maine engine (56hp Yanmar diesel)
- New engine mounts
- New main engine water pump
- Re-built exhaust manifold
- New batteries (House and start) 2019
- New Inverter
- New Canvas Dodger, Mizzen boom cover and mast boot
- Re-built electric primary winches
- New stern-mounted propane BBQ grill
- (2) New Raymarine HybridTouch GPS plotters (2016)
- New Raymarine Radar
- New Teak -folding helm seat mounted on mizzen mast
- New CD/DVD player
- New Fresh-water pump for pressure hot/cold water
- New Refrigeration/freezer units
- Re-built feathering Max prop (2020)
Eileen‘s owner has made continual improvements/upgrades to the vessel since purchasing in 2014:
- New running rigging
- New standing rigging
- New rudder and rebuilt steering
- Re-bedded chain plates
- New mast wiring
- New LED lights inside and out
- New Lifelines
- (2) New mast winches and rope clutches
- New Electric bilge pumps and manual Whale pump
- New Propane hoses and Shut-off
- New Deckwash pump
- Re-built electric windlass and all new chain
- New Lexan in Teak Butterfly Hatch
- New Lexan in Forward opening hatch
Eileen has the very popular “Dinette” interior arrangement plan that is beautifully finished in high gloss varnished Ash wood. She has two cabins (v-berth and quarterberth) and sleeps up to 7 including main salon area. This layout includes one head with a “wrap-around” shower curtain, u-shaped galley and Nav station. All areas are heated or air conditioned with the 16,000 BTU reverse-cycle system.
The cabin sole is constructed of beautiful varnished teak and holly. Hanging lockers are lined with Cedar along with the back edge of all drawers. Teak handrails are mounted (port and starboard) in the white overhead that is trimmed in Ash. Integral handrails below the cabin windows double to hold the sliding portlight curtains. Five (5) of the port lights are opening along with overhead hatches to provide excellent ventilation and natural light.
Additional interior details include: Custom teak opening butterfly hatch over main salon; LED lighting throughout; Frigast reading lights; portlight curtains; light blue UltraSuade interior cushion upholstery with white piping; custom Binocular box at companionway; Chelsea Clock and Barometer; OceanAir hatch screens/shades; lee cloths under bunks; Hella cabin fans; and a 300 gallon/day watermaker.
To starboard and aft of the Nav Station, is an ideal single sea berth for offshore passage-making. Close to the companionway, Nav station, and galley, this quarterberth is ideally situated for closely monitoring all systems. An opening portlight in the cockpit foot well allows good ventilation and ability to speak with the helmsman while underway. Ample storage is found behind a louvered door along with a shelf and bulkhead-mounted stainless Robe hooks for hanging rain gear. Engine access along with master breaker switches and inverter/charger panels are also handy to the berth.
Main Salon: The main salon layout offers great space for dining; entertaining and additional sleeping areas for crew. The U-shaped settee to port includes a large salon dining table with two drop leaves that reaches to the pullman berth settee to starboard for additional seating. Two lift-outs in the center of the table provide space for wine/liquor and other dining amenities. And outboard to starboard (above) is an additional single berth for times when extra sleeping space is needed. A flat screen TV mounted on the forward end of the single berth provides great viewing from the port settee and galley. Additional storage space is found under the starboard berth, along with attractive louvered lockers. This SW 42 layout is very open and inclusive with respect to the nearby galley and Nav station. The bright and attractive butterfly hatch above allows excellent natural light into the entire interior.
A generous U-shaped Galley is to port of the companionway and across from the Nav station. The countertops are finished in White Formica and provide excellent space for food preparation and galley storage. The microwave oven is located behind louvered doors along with access to more storage space and refrigeration/freezer gauges. A double tub stainless sink with single chrome Grohe fixture w/sprayer provide hot and cold water. There is an additional freshwater hand pump in the event of power failure. Galley includes a Force 10 propane (3) burner stove with oven and Formica stove cover. Automatic lights illuminate when the stove door is opened. Additional galley features include:
- Overhead dome lights (LED)
- 110v outlets
- Propane Solenoid shutoff
- Top-opening freezer/fridge lids to Seafrost 12v system
- Custom glass rack, mug, dishes, knife rack, spice rack and paper towel holder.
- Tip out trash bin and storage under galley sink
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
FOR MORE INFORMATION