French & Webb 50′ Wings was inspired by John Alden’s Malabar yacht series. This yacht was designed by C.W. Paine, who describes Wings as his “masterpiece”. She represents the perfect balance of traditional aesthetics, modern technology and materials. Wings was built by the exceptional Maine craftsmen of French & Webb in Belfast, Maine.
No expense was spared building and maintaining this extraordinary yacht. She was built of the best materials and components available in the world. The joinery and woodworking in Wings are second to none. All of her exterior wood trim and fixtures were made from a single teak log, sourced from Asia for this yacht, to assure perfect grain and color match.
She must be seen to be fully appreciated.
- loa 55'
- lwl 39'6"
- beam 13'6"
- draft 6'
- displacement 44600 lbs
- fuel capacity 250 gallons
- water capacity 175 gallons
- designed by C.W. Paine
- builder French & Webb
- year 2005
- hull material Composite
- location Bainbridge Island, WA
- boat engine Yanmar 4JH3-THE
- horsepower 92 hp
Electronics & Navigation
- B&G ZM19-T Widescreen High Bright, multi Touch monitor
- B&G Glass helm processor
- B&G Triton Autopilot controller
- B&G ZEUS 9 Multi function display/Nav Pod/ 9.5 guard
- B&G Broadband radar
- B&G 508 Wind sensor
- B&G Triton digital display
- B&G sailing instruments & autopilot mounted on pedestal (cockpit)
- Danforth compass w/ 6 sided traditional glass enclosure (cockpit)
- Simrad AIS-400 class transceiver
- Simrad WM-3 Satellite weather and radio module
- Simrad Wi Fi module
- Simrad NEP ethernet expander
- Airmar ST850 speed & temp transducer
- Airmar B122 Neama 2000 Bronze depth & temp transducer
- Maretron fuel/water/waste gauges
- Mastervolt 4k charger/inverter
- Shakespeare cell booster
The interior is beautifully appointed, comfortable, functional, and large. Functional for both living aboard and extended cruising. Below decks, attention to detail is evident everywhere on looks, from the bamboo cabin sole to the beach stone shower stall floor. It’s hard to imagine a more beautiful color scheme of fabrics, wood and counter tops. Alabaster sconces, deep-mahogany stained woodwork, and white bulkheads and overheads create a very warm, inviting, traditional interior. The layout includes a private forward cabin with double berth, a comfy main salon, forward-facing navigation station, spacious galley, and head with separate shower stall.
Recent upgrades include, faired and painted topsides, inspected and tuned rig, new dodger, all new running rigging, Vulcan anchor, HT anchor rode, wireless windlass control w/ chain counter, all B&G electronics including radar, Maretron fuel/water/waste gauges, and bow thruster. Upgrades continue with a custom full boat cover, new galley stove, propane tanks and regulator, Mastervolt 4k charger/inverter, and Balmar alternator. All pumps, mattresses, interior fabrics, and cushions, porthole laminated in glass, the interior lighting has been updated to LED and much, much more.
Located amidships, the main salon has a proper U-shaped upholstered settee with curved seat backs and beautifully varnished large dining table to port. An additional comfortable settee with forward-facing navigators station aft is positioned to starboard.
Owner’s stateroom is located aft of the galley and directly to port of the companionway. There is a large double berth, extensive stowage, and natural ventilation.
The guest stateroom is forward of the main salon. There is a large double berth offset to port. Much like the master stateroom, this space also incorporates plenty of stowage and natural ventilation.
The head is located amidships to starboard and is large for this sized vessel. Just aft connected to the head is a separate stall shower with a lovely stone sole.
- VacuFlush head system
- SeaLand TW macerator pump
- Stone floor in shower stall
- Vanity with marble counter top
- Pressurized hot and cold freshwater system
- Pumps replaced, Domestic water, PML 1000/grey water, plus spare/ A/C circulation pump / A/C sump pump
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
FOR MORE INFORMATION