47′ Classic cutter Boojum (62′ with bowsprit) is an amazing opportunity to own a piece of sailing history and has been consistently updated and recently underwent an extensive refit. Boojum is ready to go sailing and win races!
Built in 1909 by W. E. Thomas in Falmouth, UK, the 47′ classic cutter Boojum is rigged with a topmast and has a carvel hull of pitch pine on oak frames and was originally fitted with a BMC 44kw diesel engine. Her current engine is a 2013, 75hp beta with just 320 hours on her.
On the original papers S/Y Boojum was commissioned by Mr. Buckley Haed, Permanent Address Garlick Club London, Occupation ‘Gentlemen’. Built in 1909, she was designed off the lines of a pilot cutter but was made sleeker and narrower with lines of yacht which was her intended purpose as a Gentleman’s Yacht.
The name Boojum comes from Lewis Carrol’s Alice in Wonderland story ‘Hunting of the Snark’.
- loa 62'
- lod 47'
- lwl 38'
- beam 14'
- draft 7'6"
- displacement 36000
- fuel capacity 150 gallons
- water capacity 250 gallons
- type Cutter
- builder WE Thomas
- year 1909
- hull material Wood
- location Isle of Wight, UK
- boat engine Beta Marine C2014
- horsepower 75 HP
- New Deck, Nielson’s yard 2017
- New Spars, T Nielson’s 2017
- New Rigging, T Neilson’s 2017, dropped and inspected 2018 Spencer Rigging, Re rigged 2021
- Hull checked and sheathed 2017 West Epoxy System and Copper Coated
- New Mast Step 2021
- New Stainless Stem Head 2021
- New Frames 2020
- New Keel Bolts 2020
- New running Rigging 2021 Spencer Rigging
- New blocks and old blocks refurbished 2021
- All New Sails (working, stay, Main Flying Jib and Topsail) Ratsy and Lapthorn 2021
- New Cockpit with Teak Grating 2021 Claire Lallows
- Engine Serviced and inspected 2021
- New MCA standard Bilge pump system 2021
- New Hot and Cold pressurised water System 2021 (califorier)
- New Dickinson Diesel heater with Marble surround 2021
- 5G Broadband system fitted 2021
- Fusion Sound System 2021 (currently fitting)
- New 1700 Lofrans Windlass and winch drum and 60m Ground tackle 2021
- New Gas cooker and gas fitting with outside MCA compliant locker 2021
- Internal Led lights 2021
- All new sail and boat lines 2021
- New Inflatable fenders 2021
- New Main cover (awaiting delivery 2021)
- Bowsprit made easily liftable 2021
- New Seacocks and old seacocks refurbished 2020/2021
- New anchor plates T Neilson 2017
- 2 New Fridges 2021 (One deck and one down below)
- Removable solar panels 2021
- 12V Cello TV with Alexa Smart TV 2021
- Salt water deck wash pump 2021
- All New mechanical pipe work 2021
- New Toilet and waste system 2021
- New Navigation Light systems 2021
- New VHF 2021
- New Engine Loom 2021
- Serviced and fitted 2 Lewmar Winches 2021
- Cockpit warm/cold shower 2021
- New Victron charger 2021
- 2 New Panels (Engine and Electrics)
- New 240V System 2021
- New Batteries 2021 (Rolls S12 128ah AGM Batteries)
- 5 USB Charger points New 2021
- New Deck Led lights 2021 (two mast working lights purchased to be fitted)
- New Garmin 922xs Plus, GMR 18 HD plus Radar, Garmin VHF AIS 215i, Airmar Transducer
Safety gear including life raft, life jackets, safety lines, EPIRB, Fire safety equipment, bilge pumps
8 Man Liftraft New on Rental agreement with Ocean Safety (New Owner required to take new contract), 8 Spinlock Lite Plus (New 2021), GME Epirb fitted main bulkhead, Fire Blanket and Powder Extinguishers maintained through out, Throw line on deck and Horse Shoe with light
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.