Insignia (ex-Excellence) was designed to be a joy to own for the comfort she provides, the performance she delivers, the beauty of her profile and the elegance and the charm of her interior. She features three staterooms; brand new C18 engines were installed 2/2012, and 2 year CAT Warranty.
- loa 82'
- lwl 64'3
- beam 19'8
- draft 4'10
- fuel capacity 3,000 gals
- water capacity 600 gals
- designed by Setzer Design Group
- builder Lyman-Morse Boatbuilding
- model Custom 82' Setzer Motor Yacht
- year 2003
- construction SCRIMP Vinylester Composite
- hull material Cored Fiberglass
- configuration Pilothouse
- boat engine 2XCaterpillar C18
- horsepower 2X1000
- cruising speed 20 kts
- top speed 25 kts
Insignia Layout & Design
One boards the yacht into the aft cockpit. A split level area sheathed in seasoned teak, with a bench settee and gate to the swim platform on the lower level, and another settee on the upper wheelhouse level. Hatches in the sole give access to the engines (set in a V-Drive configuration) and the gensets. Seating with storage and a wet sink includes a Gaggeneau grill.Wide side decks of non-skid fiberglass and protected by a stainless steel guard rail lead to the foredeck. It is all surrounded by a wide varnished cap rail and the superstructure is accented with traditional varnished eyebrows and drip rails. 4 Freeman hatches give easy access to the engine room. Hinged door for easy access to the swim platform.
Several steps down and forward the main salon occupies the full-beam of the deckhouse, with large windows on both sides and forward fro uncompromised views. Here the cabinet maker’s art is on display; varnished Honduras Mahogany, book matched panels, inlays in traditional nautical themes and Teak and Holly soles.A settee, armchair and coffee table are to starboard, there are lots of custom woodwork and very detailed Teak and Holly flooring; eleven windows, the salon is very open and the shades on the forward windows are electric and a hatch with sunscreen/shade.The entertainment features a 42″ Pop-up Toshiba TV, Sony stereo with CD/DVD as well as docking station for IPod.
The dining alcove features a U-shaped settee around a clever folding table, and occupies the forward end of the room on a raised platform.
The galley is forward to port down another half flight of steps and partially open to the salon. A Maine granite countertop is inlayed with stainless steel sinks and the induction cooktop, a full range of professional grade equipment is featured. Storage from top to bottom, this galley has it all including Teak and Holly flooring. Storage includes a 7-shelf panty. The forward windshield provides huge amounts of natural lighting creating an open and bright feeling. The galley equipment includes:
- Gaggenau 4-burner stove with auto vent
- Gaggenau EB2702 716 Convection oven
- Sharp Carousel microwave
- Sub-Zero refrigerator
- Sub-Zero 2-freezer drawer with icemaker
- U-Line icemaker
- U-Line refrigerator
- Asko dishwasher
- Broan trash compactor
- Pilothouse freezer under port seat
- Asko washing machine
- Asko dryer
A full-beam owner’s quarters are aft of the salon with a centerline king size berth against the aft bulkhead. She boasts 17-drawer storage with 2 overly large hanging closets. Lighted make-up area. Custom storage under the master bed for the storage of suitcases. Emergency escape hatch over the headboard. Wall to wall carpeting and Mahogany trim throughout. Two bed side lamps and custom bookshelves.
- Sony TV
- Sony Blue Ray DVD
- Sony AM/FM/CD stereo
- Satellite receiver
- A/C controls
- Furuno RD-30 repeater
Custom his and her vanity with two sinks, 10 drawers and two medicine cabinets with mirrors. Teak and Holly flooring. Step in shower with seat. Royal Flush porcelain toilet, two port light windows provide ample lighting.
The VIP stateroom is forward and very large and open. With a queen bed and huge hanging lockers, she also boasts 20 drawers for ample storage. Custom built in book shelves and Mahogany throughout makes a very custom VIP stateroom.
- Sony TV
- Sony CD/AM/FM
- Sony DVD/VHS
- Direct TV receiver
- A/C control
- Wall to wall carpeting
- (2) Reading lights
- (2) Hatches with sunscreen/shade
- (2) Windows
The en-suite guest stateroom which features twin berths is to starboard. With a huge hanging locker and 6 drawers, the stateroom has plenty of storage and ample had room. Also over each bunk is another storage compartment with two more on the starboard side.
- Sony Stereo AM/FM/CD
- Panasonic TV with VCR
- Satellite receiver
- A/C control
- (2) Reading lights
- Hatch with sunscreen/shade
The guest head features full-shower with custom vanity and ample storage. Royal Flush porcelain head, Teak and Holly flooring.
The wheelhouse has two L-shaped settees with varnished teak tables set into the aft corners of the room. A central helm seat faces the only helm station, as the roof of the wheelhouse is used for tender storage instead of a flybridge, which would have detracted from the beauty of the profile.A similar companion seat is to starboard and another seat to port with custom stainless steel freezer/refrigerator underneath. All of the cabinetry, furniture and joiner work in this wheelhouse is varnished teak with a teak and wenge sole. Teak and holly flooring and custom drawers and cabinetry throughout. Sony stereo and Ipod docking station.
- Nautical Structures 1200 lb. crane main tender davit with hydraulic rotation
- 12′ Nautica wide body dinghy w/40hp Yamaha outboard
- Idea Windlass model V72 110 Hydraulic (4000 lbs. capacity)
- (2) Maxwell 1500 stern winches
- Main anchor on bow: 110 lb. Delta anchor with 300′ chain
- Emergency anchor, Fortress FX-125
- Electrical System
- 208V/3 phase/60Hz
- 20kW Northern Lights generator in sound shield – port
- 32kW Northern Lights generator in sound shield – starboard
Insignia Engines & Mechanical Equipment
A large auxiliary machinery room and fuel and water tankage is beneath the main salon.
- Twin Caterpillar C18 1015hp main engines (NEW 2/1/2012 with warranty)
- (6) Bottle co2 fire suppression system – all stainless piping
- Michigan propellers
- (2) ZF V Drives
- (3) Marine Air chilled water HVAC system. All areas w/individual temp controls, and heat strips (105,000 BTU each)
- TRAC system stabilizers with 6′ fins – Hydraulic
- American bow thruster 36 hp, 12″ tube – Hydraulic
- American bow thruster controls
- Sea Recovery 1500 gpd water maker
- Algaesep dynamic fuel water separator
- Head Hunter fresh water system (Mark5 Head Hunter forward backup pump)
- Hynautic hydraulic steering system
- Back up emergency: manual
- CAT electronic controls
- (2) Dakar sign 5000 watt inverters with dedicated batteries and chargers
- (5) Mastervolt 24 volt battery chargers
- (1) Mastervolt 12 volt battery charger
- Delta T fans and air boxes
- Spurs line cutters
- Windlass controls in pilothouse and foredeck
- (3) Hepworth marine windshield wipers
- Headhunter tank entry for water, fuel, blackwater
- Light indicator panel and fuel indicator panel
- Trac digital stabilizer display (American Bow thruster)
- Ships indicator and alarm board
- Fuel transfer system from helm or engine room (2 pumps)
- (2) 50′ Shore cords with Glendenning reel
- Cockpit shade
- Oil change system for main engine/gen sets/gears
Insignia Electronics & Navigational Equipment
- (2) Icom M 602 VHF radios
- Newmar Intercom in all areas
- Simrad AP220 autopilot
- Gyro Track Gyrocompass
- Ritchie Magnetic Compass
- (2) Garmin 5215 w/radar & weather
- Furuno GPS WAAS navigator
- Furuno RD30 MFD w/remote in Master
- B&G HS2000 wind and speed indicator
- (2) ACR search lights
- (2) Weems & Plath barometer and clock
- KVH Tracvision with Cable TV
- KVH Tracvision G6 with Cable/Satellite TV
- Each stateroom has its own Panasonic TV with VCR and DVD player, individual stereo systems throughout the yacht
A finalist for an International Superyacht Award for “Best Design,” the 82-foot Insignia (ex-Excellence) is a retro-modern interpretation of a classic American commuter yacht. Constructed at Lyman-Morse shipyard, the yacht features custom mahogany joinery, teak and holly flooring, a large forward cabin, and accommodations for up to six guests.
The owner’s & crew’s personal belongings. A detailed list will be provided at the time of sale, upon request.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
FOR MORE INFORMATION