Grand Banks 42 Brilliant has been and continues to be in great care by the owners. Recently installed are two new props and cutlass bearing. The vessel is equipped with dual pump Naiad stabilizers, two sets of electronics, flybridge enclosure, and all the amenities for long-distance cruising. The current owners have always stored her inside in the winter.
- loa 43'3"
- lwl 41'2"
- beam 14'2"
- draft 4'2"
- displacement 34000 lbs
- fuel capacity 600 gallons
- water capacity 270 gallons
- designed by Ken Smith
- builder Grand Banks
- model 42 Classic
- year 1999
- construction Fiberglass
- location Rockland, ME
- boat engine Caterpillar 3126
- horsepower 840
- cruising speed 14 knots
- top speed 18 knots
Starting forward is the Guest Stateroom, featuring a V-berth with two opening ports and an overhead hatch to provide ventilation. There are teak bookshelves and a hanging locker for storage. Privacy is provided by a sliding companionway hatch and door.
The Guest Head is opposite and features an en-suite shower. The Galley and Main Salon and Lower Helm station are next. The galley is on port. There are port and starboard doors aft of the galley and helm station. Long drawers under the salon steps and aft companionway steps provide additional storage.
The Owner’s Suite has a double bed with twin aft. The en-suite head also a Vacuflush toilet and Nicro solar ventilator. The aft cabin also has an aft companionway. There is a dryer in the built-in bureau with shelves. There is a washer hook-up.
Straight galley-up design with Corian countertops and stainless steel fixtures.
- Grunert fridge and freezer
- U-Line ice maker
- Sharp 800 watt microwave
- Dual filtered water
- 3 burner electric cooktop and stove
- Furuno GP-1650 GPS/Plotter at bridge and Raytheon ST-80 repeater at lower helm
- Furuno FBX differential GPS receiver for both stations
- Jensen stereo system w/Bose speakers
- Simrad-Robertson AP-2233 autopilot with AP-300X handheld remote on flybridge
- Standard Omni VHF’s at both stations
- Raymarine 18D Radar tied to Raymarine Chartplotters (2009)
- Raymarine C120W GPS/Chartplotter on bridge, C90W at lower helm. (2009)
- AIS: Transceiver and receiver. (2009)
- Furuno FP-1650 GPS/Plotter/Depth at lower helm
- Raytheon ST-80 repeater at bridge
In 2011 Brilliant got a complete alignment with all new motor mounts, cutlass bearings. PSS dripless shaft seals and shaft mounted cutters.
- Naiad dual pump stabilizers. Refurbished in 2020
- MarineAire reverse cycle heating and air conditioning (4000 BTU)
- Glendenning engine synchronizer with dual station controls
- Racor dual fuel filters for both engines and generator.
- Bennett trim tabs
- Grunert system holding plate compressor water & air cooled. New in 2009
- Key Power 10 hp hydraulic bow thruster w/dual station cotnrol
- Raw water sea strainers
- Fire Boy Halon fire suppression system
- Aquamet 2.0″ shafts with PYI dripless shaft logs
- Two 4 blade Michigan Wheel propellers, New 2020
- Aquasignal fluorescent lighting
- Grocco lube oil transfer system
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.