The Ellis 28 Lobster Yacht was designed by Ralph Ellis to be extremely seaworthy. She is equally successful as a fishing boat, day boat, or weekend cruiser, and her sharp-looking hull will produce a good cruising speed. Lobster Yacht is the flybridge cruiser model and offers great interior living space. The Ellis 28 is one of Ellis’ most popular boats and for good reason. This boat is not too big to handle, and not too small to cruise the coastline.
Ellis 28 Lobster Yacht has been in great hands throughout her life and it shows. She is extremely clean and very well updated. She is a turnkey boat and comes with a very good condition hard bottom 10’ Avon, with 4HP Yamaha (4 cycle outboard).
- loa 28'4"
- beam 9'4"
- displacement 9000 lbs (1/2 load)
- fuel capacity 55 gallons
- water capacity 30 gallons
- designed by Ralph Ellis
- builder Ellis Boat Company
- model Flybridge Cruiser
- year 1988
- hull material Fiberglass
- location Dover, New Hampshire
- boat engine VM Matori FWC Turbo Diesel
- horsepower 170 hp
- cruising speed 9 knots
- top speed 14 knots
This Ellis 28 has the head forward design with a hanging locker. The cabin has two single berths to port and starboard. The galley is to port of the helm area.
Improvements and upgrades over the last 4 years:
- 2021 new Bimini rear enclosure for cockpit with 6 Isinglass panels.
- 2021 Bottom Soda Blasted and barrier coated. Newly painted with Pettit Hydrocote.
- New 85 amp engine alternator.
- Marine Air brand air conditioning with reverse cycle heat.
- Lewmar windlass, 35’ anchor chain, 185’ 8 plat line & 25 lb. CQR anchor.
- Xantrex XM 1800W Pure Sign wave 115 V Inverter.
- Garmin touch screen GPS (both flybridge and shelter) each helm stations.
- 40 mi Garmin Radar (2020)
- Cutlass bearing, dripless shaft seal, rebuilt hydraulic steering, repacked rudder post, raw and engine water pumps, two engine thermostats, all engine hoses, holding tank, rebuilt head.
- Sunbrella denim cushions both cabin & helm, Sunbrella aft cockpit cover & flybridge covers.
- Two burner alcohol stove.
- 12v/110v refrigerator.
- Keurig coffee maker.
- CO2/smoke detector.
- Associated pots, pans, dishes, drinkware.
- 4 self-inflating PFDs (2 inshore + 2 offshore) + 7 std. PFDs, 2 boathooks.
- 10’ Avon HBI with 4 HP 4 stroke Yamaha.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.