The lines of the 1979 36′ Jarvis Newman Down East hull are taken directly from the Bunker & Ellis boat Irona, and this hull was finished off in 1979 by James Rich in exact Bunker & Ellis “picnic boat” tradition, making this a wonderful example of a Down East boat. She has been lightly and lovingly used, professionally maintained. She is a painted boat, easy on maintenance.
- loa 36'
- beam 11'
- draft 3'6"
- fuel capacity 170 gallons
- year 1979
- boat engine Cat 3208 V-8
- horsepower 210 hp
- cruising speed 12.5
- top speed 16.6
Double “V” berth (5’10”) w/filler fwd. Head next aft to stbd w/shower, sump, Lectra/San, h/c water. Closet next aft to port. Main cabin stbd has dinette that converts to double berth (6’7″), galley to port w/propane stove/oven, ice box with Adler Barbour cold plate, SS double sink, h/c press water, plenty of drawers, cupboards, shelves. The interior is painted white/gray painted floors w/carpet, varnished mahogany trim. Two opening hatches and six opening ports, all w/screens. 6’6″ head room in cockpit, 6’2″ in cabin below. 4 solar vents, side curtains, varnished companionway hatch and door w/screen and lock.
- Powered by a sound dampened 210 hp 3208 V-8 Cat diesel (2556 hr) with 2:1 Twin Disc transmission, 22LH20 four blade bronz prop,
- Fuel capacity is 170 gal in two SS tanks with direct sight fuel gauges.
- Heart Freedom 20 inverter/charger and Link 2000 panel that provide 110v power thru two 8D 12v batts or with 30A shore power w/cord.
- Hydraulic steering is by Hynautic with 22″ varnished mahog spoked wheel
- Morse twin lever Controls,
- Stewart Warner gauges
- Spotlight is on cabin top
- 20H Danforth anchor on the pulpit w/chain rope rode
- Ideal 12v windlass on the foredeck
- Edson davits on the aft deck
- Thru hulls are bonded
- Fiberglass propane locker in the port dash
- Raritan 20 gal hot water heater.
Finished by James Rich in 1979 on a 36′ solid fiberglass Newman hull, she has the classic look of a Bunker & Ellis picnic boat w/spray rails fore and aft. The outside cockpit sole is fiberglass (new 2002)and self bailingwith two Rostand water tight 18″ bz hatches. The upper cabin sole and weather decks are painted, laid cedar. All windshields have wipers and two open. She has the traditional B&E mast w/anchor light, and B&E stern bench seat. There are two fashioned varnished mahogany pilot seats (new 2004). She has side curtains and full aft drop curtains. The toe rails and rub rails are varnished mahogany with SS chafe gear at all cleats. There is a bow rail from the pulpit back to the windshield. Original Wilcox nav lights. She has painted mahogany cabin sides, coaming and windshield.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
FOR MORE INFORMATION