Greetings from the beautiful State of Maine.
First, and most importantly, we hope that you and your families are healthy and safe. We are fortunate to live in an extraordinary location, one that offers so much natural beauty and opportunities for enjoyment and fulfillment.
Lyman-Morse is open for business in Camden and Thomaston and we look forward to welcoming you back on your boats. Working with our state leaders and following the guidelines of the governor’s Executive Order and the CDC, we have developed protocols that make it easy and safe to cruise Penobscot Bay and all of the Maine coast. As we receive new guidance from the state and CDC, these protocols will be adjusted accordingly.
We can’t think of a better place to self-quarantine than on your boat with us, so please don’t hesitate to call our dockmasters, Nancy Rowe and Charlie Foote, at 207-236-7108 to take advantage of the special services we’re offering this summer.
For All Guests:
- We ask that social distancing, defined as keeping at least 6 feet away from anyone not in your immediate household, be practiced at all times on Lyman-Morse property, including the docks, ramps, and wharfs along the bulkhead. Please allow the ramp to clear prior to making your way down if someone is coming up.
- Do not gather on docks, wharves, or anywhere on Lyman-Morse property. If you are arriving by vehicle, please plan to go directly from your car to your boat or dinghy.
- Please wash your hands frequently, especially after handling dock lines, refueling, and using our water hoses.
- Be advised that when in proximity to guests, our staff will be wearing masks. We kindly ask that you wear masks during such meetings with our staff.
- Our customer lounge in Camden, including showers and laundry, will be closed to walk in-use. Please call 207-236-7108 to schedule a time if you need to use this space.
- We offer laundry pick-up and delivery through Camden Clothesline, 207-230-1166.
- We ask that you use the heads and showers on your boat. We have water available on the docks and at the fuel dock. We also have a free pump-out service in the harbor.
- Launch service in Camden will follow state guidance and may be restricted based on passenger counts, so please plan ahead when calling for the launch.
- In Camden, please call Harbormaster Steve Pixley at 207-236-7969 or on VHF Channel 16 prior to arriving in the harbor.
For Out-of-State Guests:
- For those of you coming into Maine by boat, or arriving at your boat from out of state, you will need to honor the governor’s current Executive Order of a 14-day quarantine. Once you have completed the self-quarantine, you and crew should wear masks when social distancing is not possible.
- We will help with quarantine requirements by offering grocery deliveries to your boat on the docks or a Lyman-Morse mooring. We can also drop off any restaurant takeout and would encourage this in order to support the very hard-hit local restaurant industry.
- We will pick up your trash and recyclables dockside, or on the fuel dock as needed.
- If you would like to change up the scenery during your self-quarantine, we can provide an itinerary for dropping an anchor or picking up a mooring elsewhere in Penobscot Bay. We even have a 50-knot RHIB that can get to you quickly for any support or special deliveries you may need.
For Parts and Service Customers:
- If you are having any operational issues with your boat you can call our main office in Camden at 207-236-4378 or Thomaston at 207-354-6904 to schedule an appointment for service. Protocols in place for our technicians coming onto your boat include disinfecting any handles, knobs, and such that may need to be accessed by our staff. We will ask you and your crew to wait away from the technician, and possibly on shore. Once we have provided any services on board, we will disinfect the area our technicians have been working in and anything that has been touched.
- If you need parts, you can call our Ship’s Store in Camden directly at 207-236-7100. If you wish to come to the Ship’s Store, we have a limit of two people at a time in the store and social distancing must be adhered to at all times. Payment shall be done by credit card only.
- We ask that visitors to our docks do not enter our work bays.
We want you to have a safe and enjoyable season on your boat and when visiting Maine and Lyman-Morse. Following these simple protocols helps us all do our part.