Patriot/Pilothouse Hinckley 70'
Sold - $1,995,000
Use buttons below to view more information about Patriot/Pilothouse Hinckley 70'.
PATRIOT was custom built and designed to be the ultimate "floating home" with all the modern amenities. She offers comfort and safety on long offshore ocean passages with great sailing performance, particularly in light airs. Since her launching she has been in service, and constantly maintained in new boat condition by her captain and a full crew. At the beginning and end of each season she is hauled out, inspected and all necessary maintenance and refinishing completed. The result is a vessel that is a head turner in any harbor in the world. A fine example of a Hinckley Sou’wester 70 center cockpit raised salon sloop. She features varnished teak on her cabin sides, as well as natural teak decks and cabin tops, to give her the appearance of an old world, traditional yacht. Below decks, her exquisite, raised panel varnished cherry interior complete the picture. Throughout this vessel traditional looks combine with the latest in technology and amenities to create an elegant and comfortable environment for eight.
Layout and Design
The Hinckley 70 has an all teak cockpit that is well laid-out for short-handed sailing. Hydraulic Genoa winches are with easy reach of the helmsman so the boat can be tacked single-handed if necessary. The cockpit dodger offers excellent protection, and visibility is un-obscured from the helm. Sailing instruments are built into the forward coaming above the companionway. Cockpit equipment includes:
- Linen Sunbrella Dodger – w/elkhide covered grab bar
- Custom Sunbrella Bimini (with windows)- 6’10” from cockpit sole, fold-down, removable - zips to dodger
- (2) Antigua Sails Sunbrella Awnings – headstay to mast and mast to backstay
- 2002 Hinckley custom rigid bimini – with sail trim windows with additional zippered shade covers and a boom light window.
- Custom varnished teak pedestal with wheel steering.
- Destroyer-type stainless steel wheel with teak rim and custom ebony stripe inlay
- Custom locker/cooler for drinks – Grunert 24-volt cold plate system
- Cockpit radar and computer screens
- Opening portlight between cockpit and navigation station
- (4) Rondal removable padeyes for safety harness
- Cockpit table - Custom teak
- Cockpit cushions – Linen Sunbrella
- Cockpit seat locker lids have stainless steel gas-lift assist
- Custom boom mounted dining light with dimmer
- Cockpit panel has tachometer, alarm panel, start and stop button and remote screen
- Pedestal mounted custom compass, with dimmer light.
- Dimmer light for pedestal engine instruments.
- Second cockpit panel has VHF, autopilot control, Simrad IS-15 remote, B&G control buttons, Fireboy remote, fog horn and bilge alarm lights.
Moving from the cockpit, the enclosed pilothouse features large light grey-tinted, thermo-pane windows with low E-coating and varnished teak molding, and aft to the cockpit is a custom retractable window with screen and cherry valence. There are four-opening rooftop hatches.
The open-layout features a raised Salon with a U-shaped dinette to port and a custom liquor bar/work area to starboard. Gloss varnished companionway steps include nonskid particles; steps aft lead to the Cockpit and forward lead to the forward living accommodations below, that include the Main Salon, Galley, Work Area and Aft Master Cabin, Guest cabins and Crews Quarters. Pilothouse equipment includes:
- Custom table with “PATRIOT” inlaid tabletop
- Custom liquor bar has a Deer Isle Granite stone countertop
- Custom mounted hidden TV tips up and is viewable from pilothouse seating.
- Two pairs of speakers, an AM/FM/CD player and CD changer.
Aft, full width with ensuite head, it features a centerline double berth with Tempurpedic foam mattress. There is an upholstered circular seat starboard and forward center vanity with lockers above and below - one locker houses a flat-screen TV. There is plenty of storage in partitioned cedar-lined hanging lockers and drawers, etc. throughout the cabin, including in a hidden safe with flex light. There are mirrors on the outside of four hanging locker doors that include stays that can hold the doors open at various positions. The cabin features dome and spot lighting in he white-coved ceiling and alcoves and has opening portlights with curtains and overhead hatches. There is a custom Nav display in the forward overhead bulkhead. There are custom wood slat AC/heat ducts, Hella fans, and entertainment systems. There is extra sound insulation under this cabin.
MASTER HEAD is forward to port and included a separate shower. Features include:
- Cherry Vanity and Corian countertop with molded sink and Jaco polished-chrome finished brass fixtures and Grohe soap dispensers.
- Fiberglass shower has Grohe Euro Plus II polished chrome including telephone-style Relaxa-Plus pulsating showerhead, exhaust fan, towel bar and a teak gate.
- Vacu-flush marine toilet plumbed to holding tank
- Dome and spot lighting, (2) 110-volt outlets, opening ports, overhead hatch, and vent fan.
WORK AREA Companionway
From the Aft Cabin, starboard forward is the passageway to the Nav Station that includes a work area outboard and access to the engine room inboard. This area is beautifully finished with everything hidden behind varnished cherry locker doors.
- W660 washer and ASKO T760 dryer
- Shelf and storage and chart lockers over washer/dryer area
- Inboard engine room entry is sound insulated
Next forward is the full Navigation Station outboard. Offset aft is an opening, full Nav desk with storage drawers, and flush instrumentation and integrated coffee mug holder. The Recarro Nav seat with stainless steel pedestal slides and rotates. There are lockers and a double bookshelf aft, a portlight outboard, a110 volt outlet and Hella fan, with a custom port between the nav station and cockpit.
Below the pilothouse level forward but not enclosed from the Pilothouse windows (down and companionway steps) is the Main Cabin that has plenty of natural light and ventilation. In addition are multiple ports and hatches for more light and ventilation. Starboard is a U-shaped upholstered lounge/dining area with Custom Sapele mahogany dining table and fixed pedestal has a removable center leaf, which store inside table. Outboard is a hull port and a large alcove with spot lighting between storage lockers. Aft are multiple lockers and a bookcase.
Opposite the Main Salon, the fully equipped Galley is U-shaped outboard and includes a hull port. The galley is finished to include hidden appliances. Custom countertop aft of stove is Corian. Galley equipment includes:
- Corian Bisque countertop has integral sink basins. There is a Grohe Euro-Plus II single central faucet fixture, instant hot water dispenser and a hand pump. Seagull water filter
- Dish towel rack on galley drop-front below sink
- Storage areas and lockers are above and below the countertop
- Trash compacter
- Trash can area under sink
- Knife rack drawer
- All-Clad cookware
- Wustof knife set
- Kitchenaid mixer
- Cuisinart Food processor.
- Krupps coffee/espresso maker and custom fit carafe
- Dualit art deco toaster (2 slice)
- Cooking accessories
- Dinnerware (also custom dinnerware) including glasses, plates, flatware.
- Force 10 gimbaled polished stainless steel LP-gas stove
- Microwave - behind hideaway door
- Refrigerator/Freezer - two-door refrigerator access and single-door freezer access with sliding shelves.
- Custom lockers and tempered beveled glass doors and Lucite shelves to store wine, glasses, mugs and beer steins.
Each cabin has a forward ensuite private head and access to a common stall shower. Port Guest Cabin has a settee/berth outboard with Tempurpedic mattress outboard and a Pullman berth over. There is a bookcase and locker storage over outboard. Inboard is a vanity with large mirror over, spot lighting over vanity, storage drawers and locker, double bookshelf and an entertainment system. The Starboard Guest Cabins has over and under berths. There is bookcase and locker storage over outboard. Inboard is a vanity with larger mirror over, spot lighting over vanity, storage drawers and locker, and double bookshelf. Each cabin has a forward ensuite head and share a common centerline shower. Vanities have a Bisque Corian countertop with molded sink and hot and cold pressure water, Grohe Euro Plus II polished chrome fixtures include telephone-style Relaxa-Plus pulsator showerhead, Grohe soap dispensers, Cantalupi Tony lights over vanities, Vacuflush marine head plumbed to a holding tank, storage, Shower exhaust fans and towel bar.
All the way forward have upper and lower berths to starboard with storage lockers to port including two hanging lockers. Upper berth hinges down and create seating space. Forward to port, off center is a head and shower. Vanity with a Bisque Corian countertop with molded sink and has polished chrome fixtures has hot and cold pressure water and Grohe soap dispensers. Separate mixing valve with telephone-style shower. The stall shower is finished in Antique Formica and includes an exhaust fan. There is a Vacu-flush marine head plumbed to a holding tank. In addition are 3 towel bars.
- Reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning
- Expar heater
- All deck hatches have Skyscreens
- Track curtain for interior ports.
- Custom hull port inserts - exterior to match topsides, interior to match curtains.
- Custom embroidered fitted sheet and lee cloths for all bunks
- Cabins sole hatches have hold-down latches.
- (14) Hella circulation fans.
- Sealand Vacu-flush heads.
- Automatic lights in hanging lockers, refrigerator and freezer.
- Golden rod heaters in hanging lockers and linen lockers.
- Flagship International alarm system included keypad, (2) remote controls and full-motion detector plus (2) infrared trip alarm.
The interior is finished with first quality hand-sawn cherry and satin-varnish is used throughout with raised paneling, custom detailing and in most areas, white V-grooved overheads with custom detailed beams. Arched top, solid cherry, raised panel passage doors and solid maple dovetail drawer boxes with cherry raised panel fronts, and wooden slat air conditioning/heat ducts in all cabins except salon and pilot house. Gloss varnished teak and holly sole with Toast Sunbrella cabin sole cover. Heads have fiberglass panels for easy cleaning. Crew cabin are painted white with varnished cherry doors, vanity, drawer fronts and trim details and the shower are finished in Antique White Formica. Crew cabin has varnished cherry hull ceilings.
- Crew Cabin: AM/FM CD player with one pair of speakers
- 3-Zone Entertainment System - Pilothouse, Port Cabin and Aft-Cabin
- Pilothouse: Tip-up flat-screen TV, with Alpine AM/FM compact disc (CD) player, compact disc changer and two (2) pairs of speakers with subwoofer.
- This zone also controls sound to cockpit, salon and galley.
- Port Cabin: Flat-screen monitor with Alpine AM./FM CD player, with CD-DVD changer and one pair of speakers.
- Aft Cabin: Flat-screen monitor with AM/FM CD player and CD-DVD changer and one (1) pair of speakers and subwoofer.
- All monitors have VGA input from computer, TV tuners and input from satellite TV, shore TV and masthead TV antenna.
- Airbridge Wi-Fi system -- mast mounted broadband transceiver with dedicated router + software.
- Mac-mini with integrated A/V throughout boat.
- Three AV input docks integrated through applicable zones.
- 8-channel video matrix controller - see all and any video input anywhere.
- All AV zones integrated and operable from anywhere
- Numerous upgrades in 2012 to include Apple TV and needed interface.
The electrical ground protection bonding system consists of copper strips and wires that electrically bond the various large metal objects on the boat and includes five zincs.
- 24-Volt DC System
- Engine start - (2) 12-volt DC engine start batteries in parallel for 24-volt.
- House - (8) 12-volt 8D DC batteries in parallel for 24-volt.
- Ample Power Energy Monitor/Controller shows the condition of the 24-volt DC battery bank.
- Supplies 24-volt DC to the hydraulic system
- Supplies 24-volt DC to Prosine 3.0 inverter/charger and Pro-sine 2.5 Pure Sine wave inverter/charger.
- Vanner 24-12 converter supplies power for the 12-volt DC House System.
- (2) 24-volt DC breaker panels - with current load meter.
- 12-volt gel-cell Navigation Instrument battery constantly fed from 24-volt converter.
- 24-volt start: for Generator
- Batteries are charged by the alternators on the main engine and the generator, the auxiliary 24-volt alternator, and the two Inverter/Battery Chargers.
- 12-volt DC System
- Power supplied by Vanner 24-12 converter
- (1) 12 volt DC breaker panel - with load and voltage meter
- (2) 120-volt AC shore power connections
- Isolation transformer with two 50-amp main circuit breakers.
- Power from the generator is fed through an 80-amp circuit breaker to the Source Selector switches.
- 220-volt, 50-amp shore cords with "smart" Y-adapter, inlet Hubbell connector and custom switches at AC panel.
- (2) 240 - volt shore cords with transformers for 240-volt AC input protection.
- AC power equipment - 50-60 Hz European shore power compatible where possible.
- Onan MDKAE 20-Kw 240-volt Generator (5,875 hrs-10/24/2006) has Racor fuel filter with vacuum gauges and water sensors.
- Hose with petcock drains heat exchanger for ease of changing zinc.
- Flow meter and audible alarm.
- Gauges show voltage, water temperature, oil pressure and hours of operation.
- Flagship International boat alarm system - including motion detector, keypad and remote control.
DECK & HULL
- Teak decks, cabin top + sides & back, and cockpit
- Stainless steel stemhead with two (2) bow rollers
- Stainless steel bow pulpit - with custom teak seat
- Stainless steel stern pushpit – with socket for passerelle
- Stainless steel stanchions and lifelines
- Lewmar electric Windlass -Deck control with remote in cockpit
- 105# stainless steel CQR anchor in HRH stainless steel bow roller
- 300' x 1/2' stainless steel chain
- Spare 105# polished stainless CQR type plow Anchor
- Fortress FX-125 storm anchor - stored in forepeak
- Fortress FX-55 stern anchor with 25' X 1/2" stainless steel chain - dedicated
- Paratech Sea anchor - lazarette stowed
- Offshore storm drogue with 25' x 1/2" stainless steel chain + 350' rode
- Devil's claw
- Saltwater deck wash pump
- Freshwater deck wash with Paragon Sr. pump
- Deck showers with mixing valves - Port side stern pulpit
- Propane hook-up for BBQ
- Ensign staff
- Fixed masthead burgees on carbon fiber staff on main
- Boom light - on dimmer
- Nemo tri-fold passerelle – mounts on stern pulpit, stores in forepeak or lazarette
- (2) Fenderboards – custom – stores in forepeak
- Stainless steel swim/forepeak/boarding ladder
- Fishing rod holders – port and starboard
- Hydraulic bolt cutter, 1 1/2” jaw capacity
- Two (2) 20-lb. gas bottles
- Delivery covers - Linen Sunbrella
- Custom Linen Sunbrella weather covers for flag, cockpit steering rim, pedestal, cockpit table, handrails and dorade boxes
- (8) Fenders
- (4) Docklines - Heavy 1¼” Mega braid
- (6) Docklines - 7/8”
- (4) Westminster teak deck chairs
- Outboard mounting bracket on stern pushpit
- Bauer 12 dive-compressor installs in lazarette or plugs into shore power
- (2) 4/0 Trolling rods with Penn senator reels
- Water skis
- Tow Tube
- Surfboards – 8-ft and 9-ft
- (2) Soft-top Long board
- Flag Blue Awlgrip Topsides with Gold leaf Cove
- Cove stripe, name and hail and single white center line stripe
- Red Bottom
- Varnished exterior teak trim
- Hull: Infusion molded balsa core sandwich construction with vinylester resin and Kevlar/E-glass outer skin and carbon inner skin.
- Deck: Infusion molded, Teak finished, balsa core sandwich construction with vinylester resin and Kevlar/E-glass.
- Skeg-hung rudder - Fiberglass and stainless steel
- 900 lb. fiberglass centerboard – Lewmar Commander Navtec hydraulic helm control, with manual pump back-up
- Bilge areas - White gelcoat finished wooden plugs in all seacocks
- Bridge Clearance at main trunk, less antennae: 92 ft.
- (8) Hull ports and (14) house ports - Opening portlights throughout
- All hatches are custom Freeman hatches
- All forward hatches have gas spring openers
- (9) Flush (Smoke gray) hatches on house and cabin tops
- Deck prisms - (4) Rectangular and (4) round
- Custom teak handrails port and starboard
- Raised toe rail with varnished teak cap integrated and integrated mooring chocks
- Rondal stainless steel Dorade 6" ventilators with stainless steel Dorade guards, Rondal cowl vent closures with tube screens.
- Custom crew's deck hatch with removable dodger and custom varnished teak Dorade box/spray guard.
- Custom starboard deck lockers for fuel fills
- Freshwater deck wash spigots, one at bow and one at stern
- Foredeck locker (with forepeak cowl vent and deck plate) storage for an outboard engine and (2) dive tanks
- Lazarette has extensive sound proofing for hydraulic machinery and transformer (includes custom cowl vent and water trap) and storage for stern anchor and rode.
- Custom hinged-hatch deck locker starboard aft with shore power inlet.
- (2) Flush mounted removable pad eyes on foredeck for dinghy tie-downs.
- Custom teak-covered fiberglass on pilothouse roof for dodger.
- Custom chrome-plated bronze step plate on bulwark cap at port and starboard gate.
- (2) Horseshoe liferings, with mounting brackets
- Swiftwater throw rope
- (6) Seaspenders inflatable offshore harness - PFD manual activation
- Lensref radar reflector
- Lifejackets – Adult and kids
- Pains Wessex 406 EPIRB (2002)
- ACR Class B EPIRB
- MOM 9 – repacked annually
- Offshore visual signal kit (Flares, smoke, etc.)
- (6) Fire extinguishers – inspected annually
- Winslow 6-man self-deploying life raft (2002) - repacked annually
- Winslow 8-man valise-style life raft (2002) - repacked annually
- MED-LINK First Responder Medical Kit
- * MED-LINK Ship’s Medical Chest (Extensive Inventory (Requires yearly membership)
- * MED-LINK Oxygen Kit
- * Abandon ship bag w/ emergency rations and misc. survival gear
SAILS & RIGGING
- Hydraulic stowaway, three-spreader cutter rig.
- Halls Spars carbon fiber hydraulic stowaway main with preventer in boom.
- There are 2 mast steps at top of main and 1-step below the boom.
- Reckmann RF90-3 furling headstay system.
- Hall mast hardware with hydraulic outhaul system and spinlock XK stopper for main halyard.
- A second halyard has starboard stand-up block with 2XK spinlocks and cleat.
- Pressurized Navtec system with Commander function.
- Polished stainless steel main vang, backstay cylinder and panel.
- Navtec stainless steel turnbuckle covers for standing rigging.
- Carbon fiber spinnaker pole - elkhide covered forward end, deck mounted with removable chocks.
- All Rondal deck hardware (including 6 removable pad eyes and 4 blocks for outboard sheeting of Genoa and staysail).
- Red/green nav lights
- Spreader lights, and blue/white "owner-absent" light.
- Fixed burgee staff at masthead.
- Main mast has: Satellite antenna, Hinckley TV antenna, cell phone antenna,
- Running rigging for all points of sail and passage making.
- Bridge Clearance at main trunk, less antennae: 92 ft.
- Main - 2004 North, Gatorback Spectra (Very good)
- Main, 3DL - 2002 North (OK condition)
- 130% Genoa - 2004 North, Gatorback Spectra (Very good)
- Yankee/blade 100% jib - 2004 North, Gatorback Spectra (Very good)
- Storm Staysail - 2003 North (Excellent)
- Staysail - 2002 North (Very good)
- MPS +ATN sock - 2002 North (Very good)
- MPS + ATN sock (Delivery, 2oz.) – 2000 (Very good)
- WINCHES: All Lewmar
- (2) #88 3-speed primaries
- (2) #77 hydraulic secondaries
- (2) #66 manual halyard winches foredeck
- (1) #66 hydraulic main sail cockpit winches
- #58 CCST all purpose hydraulic foredeck winch
- Cummins 220-hp 6 BTA 5.9 M1 FWC diesel engine
- Twin Disc MG 5050A 2.04:1 reduction gear
- Aquamet 2.25” stainless steel shaft with spurs
- PSS dripless shaft sealing system
- 3-blade feathering 27” Max Prop.
- Hydraulic Lewmar retractable bow thruster with control at helm
- Mathers electronic engine/transmission control system.
- Double Racor fuel filter with vacuum gauges, water sensors, drain petcock and signal on alarm panel.
- Water-drop type exhaust system.
- Remote 12-volt oil transfer pump, for easy oil changes for engine and generator.
- Engine start at helm with emergency start in engine room
- Airsep crankcase ventilation system
- Hydraulic centerboard with manual Navtec 7 system back-up
- Electric fuel priming pump for main engine and generator with switch, allows pump to transfer fuel between tanks.
- Two 24,000 BTU reverse-cycle air conditioning units
- Espar D10W hydronic heater - (from hot water) with 24-volt blowers in crew cabin, port and starboard guest cabins, (2) in salon, owner’s cabin and owner’s head.
- (2) Paragon Sr. domestic freshwater pressure pumps with offset pressure regulators
- Par Sr. deck wash pump has y-valve for back-up pressure water pump system
- (3) Automatic electric bilge pumps are also connected to protected automatic switches
- Engine-driven bilge pump with electric clutch
- Whale Gusher 30 manual bilge pump
- Forepeak bilge pump
- (4) stainless steel water tanks
- Fuel tanks have Rochester fuel gauges as back-up gauges
- (3) Holding tanks – each with macerator/discharge pump – Tank watch system
- Sea recovery 1500 gal/day water maker with UV sterilizer, plumbed to 2 tanks.
- 12-gallon 1500-watt hot water heater – for aft head and aft shower only
- 20-gallon, 2000-watt water heater – For galley and the three forward heads
- Heat exchanger plumbed so water is heated when the main engine is running.
- Refrigeration runs from 24-volt DC system and a second system is able to run from 230-volt AC power supplied by shore power or generator, or by an engine-driven backup refrigeration compressor.
- Icemaker - Marine Appliances International SFI-56 Icemaker - 110-volt AC power supplied by house Inverter.
- All mechanical and hydraulic areas are finished with plenty of sound insulation.
- Circulation fan has automatic on/off switch when engine and generator starts.
- All system lines are color-coded and marked with flow direction arrows.
- Engine room monitors include: Holding tanks and duplicate full generator gauges
- All hydraulic quick-disconnect stainless steel connections on deck and mast
- Saltwater flow meter to engine and generator with alarms to helm, crew cabin and nav station
- TEFC motor pump
- Engine start panel with gauges
- Breaker panel plus spare breaker panel.
- Fireboy-Xintex automatic fire extinguisher system - inspected annually.
Min. Draft: 7'5
Max. Draft: 16'2
Displacement: 50 tons
Bridge Clearance: 92'
Fuel Capacity: 440
Water Capacity: 350
Designed By: Bruce King
Model: 70 Sou'wester CC Pilothouse
Hull Material: Kevlar Composite
Location: Thomaston, ME
Boat Engine: Cummins 6BTS5.9 M1 FWC
Cruising Speed: 9 knots
Furuno MFD 12 Navnet 3D at the nav station and a MFD 8 Navnet 3D in the cockpit these are linked with the Furuno 101 hub and the DRS4D 36 mile closed array scanner.
The new GPS is also a Furuno GP 33 color display GPS, this is a stand alone unit as a redundancy, the new radar has a dedicated gps receiver as well.
New Apple TV to the AV system and new monitor at the nav station.
For more information contact: