Use buttons below to view more information about MAD MAX .
MAD MAX is a classic styled 67' flybridge cruiser in absolutely immaculate condition. Built by the famous Lyman-Morse Boatbuilding yard and designed by the very talented Doug Zurn, her fit and finish, systems and seaworthiness are among the very best. MadMax offers 2 staterooms, 4' draft, 21 knot cruise, CAT main engines and one of the most spectacular interiors I have ever come across. Check out the exquisite veneer patterns in the pictures in this brochure. She is maintained by her build captain and no expense has been spared in her maintenance. MadMax is truly a 10 out of 10!
Stepping aboard MadMax onto the swimplatform, you walk through a transom door into the cockpit and then step up onto the aftdeck. There are side decks on each side with stainless steel railings forward or a sliding door into the pilothouse. As you enter the pilothouse and her custom designed interior, you will find internal stairs to the flybridge starboard aft, wrap-around seating and a table port aft, a chart table and side deck access door port forward and a side deck access door and lower helm to starboard. Step down into the salon and you will find the galley to port and a sleeper sofa to starboard. The master stateroom entrance is aft and the guest stateroom entrance is forward. Engine room access is through a deck hatch in the aftdeck or through the lazarette hatch in the cockpit.
MadMax offers a full beam master stateroom aft with a centerline king size berth and ensuite head and a guest stateroom forward with a centerline queen size berth and ensuite head. There is a sleeper sofa in the salon and custom designed slide out child berths at the end of each guest berth.
The interior of the yacht is Red Birch with Cherry wood highlights in the joinery and Cherry wood soles. The exterior trim is teak.
The salon offers a sleeper sofa to starboard, storage cabinetry starboard forward, guest head port forward and the galley to port. There are three overhead deck hatches, 3 custom ventilation ducts and portlights for plenty of natural light and ventilation. There is a mechanical compartment below the salon with access through deck hatches.
The galley is located to port in the salon and offers a large countertop and three swing-out bar stools.
- Sub-Zero 700 BR under counter refrigerator
- Sub-Zero 700 BF under counter freezer
- Sub-Zero 700 BF under counter freezer in the mechanical compartment below the salon
- Sub-Zero wine cooler
- Wolf stainless steel oven and induction 4-burner cooktop and Gaggenau pop up vent
- Fisher & Paykel double drawer dishwasher
- In-Sink-Erator food waste disposer
- Jenn-Air trash compactor
- Zodiac countertop
- Storage cabinets and drawers
- Full complement of galley ware included
Interior dining space is available at the galley countertop with 3 bar stools, the pilothouse wrap-around seating and table and on the flybridge at the port aft seating and table. Alfresco dining is available at the 6 person teak dining table on the aftdeck
The pilothouse offers a helm starboard forward with a side deck access door, chart table with a Sub-Zero under-counter refrigerator and ice machine port forward, side deck access door to port, wrap-around seating and table port aft and internal flybridge stairs and cabinetry starboard aft. There are stairs centerline forward to the salon and a sliding door aft to the aftdeck. The helm offers a Stidd benchseat and full instrumentation described in the electronics section of this brochure. The side deck access doors are Pacific Coast Marine watertight doors and the aft door is a Freeman watertight door. .
The master stateroom is located aft and offers a centerline king size berth, nightstands, cedar-lined hanging locker, storage drawers and cabinets, a vanity with mirror port forward, reading lights, 2 portlights and an ensuite head and shower.
The guest stateroom is forward and offers a centerline queen size berth, nightstands, cedar-lined hanging locker, storage drawers and cabinets, overhead deck hatch and an ensuite head and shower.
There is an Asko washer and separate Asko dryer in cabinetry starboard forward in the salon.
The large cockpit offers an integral, teak covered swimplatform, transom door, teak deck, teak cap rails, a sliding tender chock system, a fresh water shower and a Freeman deck hatch for access to the lazarette.
The open aftdeck offers a built-in benchseat port forward, stainless steel BBQ grill starboard forward, teak deck, teak table with six director chairs, two umbrellas and three Freeman watertight hatches to the engine room.
The flybridge offers a bimini top with full Eisenglass enclosure, radar arch, non-skid deck, full helm forward, 2 Stidd helm seats, built-in, wrap-around seating with a teak table port aft, U-Line refrigerator with ice maker, storage and internal stairs to the pilothouse.
- KVH Tracvision M7 satellite TV system
- Sony Bravia flat screen TV in the salon and staterooms
- Inca fold down ceiling bracket for the salon TV
- DirecTV satellite TV receiver in the salon and staterooms
- JVC KD-AVX11 EXAD AM/FM/CD/DVD/Sat ready player in the salon and staterooms
- Alpine 4-channel power amplifier
- Infinity exterior speakers
- Raymarine Radar
- KVH Tracphone V7 satellite telephone system
- Raymarine E120 Multi Function Displays at each helm
- Raymarine ST8002 SmartPilot autopilot at each helm
- Ritchie Powerdamp magnetic compass at each helm
- Furuno Universal FA-150 AIS transponder at the lower helm
- Icom IC-M504 VHF on the flybridge
- Icom Commandmic III Submersibe Plus VHF remote on the flybridge
- Icom IC-M604 VHF at the lower helm
- Icom IC-M802 SSB at the lower helm
- Kahlenberg M-511c/d whistle control panel at the lower helm
- Sirius weather forecast system
- Exalto windshield wiper control panel at the lower helm
- Cell phone signal amplifier
- Secure wifi router
- East Coast and Bahamas electronic and paper chart inventory
- Northern Lights 25kW generator with 1554 hours
- Northern Lights 12kW generator with 1111 hours
- Dual Racor 75/500Max fuel filters for the generators
- Groco ARG-750-P sea strainers for the generators
- Mastervolt 4000 watt inverter
- Mastervolt Mass 100 amp 24vdc batter charger
- 2 X 200 amp 24vdc alternators
- Marine Switchgear Systems show power paralleling controller
- 2 X ProMariner ProSafe ZincSaver 60 systems
- Glendinning shore power cord system
- 2 X 50 amp shore cords
- Smart-Y 50amp/100amp shore power connector
- 6 X 8D AGM Lifeline house/inverter batteries (2013)
- 8 X Group 24 engine start batteries (2013)
- 4 X Group 24 generator start batteries (2013)
- 1 X Group 24 electronics emergency battery (2013)
- Twin CAT C18 1001 hp main engines
- ZF 500 series gearboxes
- 2 X CAT engine monitor panels
- 2 X Maretron DSM250 systems monitor panels at each helm
- ZF SmartCommand electronic engine controls with remote on a lanyard
- Fuel manifold
- Dual Racor 75900Max fuel filters for main engines
- Reverso fuel polishing system
- Reverso oil change system
- Delta-T engine room air filtration system
- Seastar hydraulic steering system
- Groco ARG-3020 sea strainers
- Marinair Systems reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system
- 2 X Headhunter Mach5 fresh water pumps
- Island Marine Spectra stabilizer system
- Spurs line cutters
- 12hp American Bow Thruster
- Sea Recovery Aqua Whisper 1400 gpd watermaker
- 2 X Seaward stainless steel 28 gallon water heaters
- Spark-L-Pure water filtration system
- Beam central vacuum system
- Headhunter Royal Flush toilets
- Tankwatch blackwater tank monitor panel
- Workbench in the lazarette
- Full complement of tools included
- Spare parts inventory
- Spare propellers
- Maxwell 3500 anchor windlass with controls at each helm and a rmeote on a lanyard
- Maxwell 2200 winch starboard aft with foot control
- Lewmar 110lb claw anchor
- Fortress anchor
- Fresh water and raw water washdown forward and aft
- Starboard side deck storage
- 2 X foredeck storage lockers
- 4 X stainless steel dorades
- 5 X foredeck hatches
- Electri-Chef stainless steel BBQ grill on the aftdeck
- Spreader lights
- Non-skid side decks and foredeck
- Teak decks on the integral swimplatform, cockpit and aftdeck
- Teak cap rails
- Stainless steel rails forward
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Full complement of exterior canvas covers
- Window and windshield covers
- 10'6" Novurania Williams 325 jet drive tender with 80 hp 4-cylce inboard engine
- Steelhead Marine SM 1500R tender davit
The hull is scrimp infused E-glass/Kevlar hybrid and infused with Derakyne 8084 vinylester resin. The coring is A-rated Corecell. The deck material is hand laminated E-glass with Derakyne 441-800 PAT vinylester resin and A-rated Corecell core. The hull is painted with Awlgrip Fighting Lady Yellow and the bottom antifouling is Pettit Vivid Grey (2013). There are underwater lights also.
Safety & Fire Protection
- Fireboy FE241 fire suppression system in the engine room, lazarette and mid bilge mechanical compartment
- Switlik 6 person liferaft
- Kahlenberg air horns
- Stern and engine room camera system
- Par and Rule bilge pumps and bilge high water alarms
- Sellers' personal belongings
The primary design concept was to provide a comfortable platform on which to enjoy the marine environment. While the yacht has the ability to sleep up to eight, the experienced husband and wife team plan on managing the boat by themselves for the most part, with occasional family and guests on board.
Good performance, both in raw speed and sea-keeping ability, was also a very strong consideration in the design. Mad Max features a waterline beam that is relatively narrow for her length, and weight is kept to a minimum by utilizing lightweight composites in both the fiberglass parts and the interior cabinetry. The hull bottom and propulsion system are engineered to provide an efficient, comfortable and level ride. The success of these design considerations were proven when Mad Max underwent initial sea trails: she readily eased up onto plane and surpassed her projected top speed, all the while feeling as agile as a boat half her size.
The interior arrangement is dominated by an open pilothouse and spacious 'great room', separated by only a small, open stairway. As such, the helm and pilothouse seating area remain in direct contact with the galley and seating areas down below. Access to the flybridge is granted via a beautiful handcrafted spiral staircase situated in the aft corner of the pilothouse. Visibility from both the upper and lower helm stations is completely unobstructed.
Moving down below, one enters the 'great room', which incorporates a fully equipped galley, wine bar and an abundance of comfortable seating. As for entertainment, Mad Max features a full suite of electronics, including a large flat screen television, which is concealed in an overhead compartment when not in use. Forward, an attractive built-in unit conceals laundry facilities, ironing board and a workbench.
Mad Max offers two private staterooms: a master suite situated aft, and a guest suite forward. Both staterooms are large, spanning the full breadth of the interior. The master suite offers a true king size bed, work station and private head with shower, while the guest suite features an island queen berth and private access to the forward head. Both staterooms include hanging lockers, cabinets and drawers to carry all the essentials.
The final focal point of this design is the aft deck, which offers a unique split-level arrangement. The lower aft deck provides enough storage space to house Mad Max's waterjet-powered tender. A large transom door provides easy access to the swim platform. The upper deck puts the focus on entertainment, with a large dining table, ample seating and even a grill. A helm station pod is located to starboard for quick handling around the dock.