MARCH 8 UPDATE
FROM JAY RIBIERO,PROJECT MANAGER
All running gear: shafts, couplings, props, cutlass bearings will be pulled and refurbished or replaced. The boat’s original four-blade props to be replaced with Acutech five-blade props. Engines and generators will be converted from J1939 to N2K. A new Maretron system will monitor engines generators, batteries, charging systems, and all tanks throughout giving the owner touch screen digital monitoring of the entire vessel, as well as digital switching to control any number of circuits. New Arid bilge dry system will also be installed. A gleaming engine room is also on the list. All surfaces will be gel coated – engine beds and bilges will be sanded and painted high gloss white. A new custom electronics mast will be constructed for new electronics package. Most of the old electronics wiring will be removed and replaced for this system.
The new package will include:
- 4 Furuno TZ touch 14" chartplotters -two at the flybridge and lower helm (This is cutting edge stuff - we will not even be able to get the screens from Furuno until mid-April.)
- 2 Raymarine i70 instrument displays. One at each station
- KEP touchscreen on the flybridge dash that will run the all of the new Maretron N2Kview software
- 2 Ipads for viewing Maretron software and for using either of the Furuno apps for the lower helm.
- 2, p70r pilot control heads one at each station, along with a new pump and autopilot computer.
- Associated Furuno or Furuno hardware for satellite wx, classB, AIS, digital sounder and new digital radar antenna.
For the beauty part. Halycon’s bottom will be stripped down to the gel coat then barrier coated and painted.
The hull, new extension, flybridge surround and hardtop, cabinhouse top, and entire cockpit will all be Awlgriped
The entire interior will get two coats of varnish......every door, drawer, or removable part has been taken off the boat to be varnished including the cabin sole. Our carpenters are rebuilding the pilothouse overhead with new sub framing, rigid v-grooved-Awlgriped panels, and new LED lighting throughout.
The forward stateroom bulkhead will be reveneered with a custom compass rose inlay from English companyd Heritage Inlay Design.They produce some of the finest marquetry available……!
To brighten and freshen the interior we are installing white Awlgriped ceiling strips behind all portholes and at all galley bulkheads and straight-grain, teak veneers on the forward chain locker bulkhead, forward cabinhouse windshield , nav table, on both upper and lower helm stations and at both dash pods. There are numerous small changes to interior joinery so be sure to check this page for updates!
Final addition, our canvas shop will create new window coverings for the exterior as well as a new cockpit mooring cover. Teak decks will be brought back to life with a good sanding.
JUne 29 Update - Boat is Launched and seatrials are underway.