Barra Morris 48
Call for price
Use buttons below to view more information about Barra Morris 48.
BARRA is an extraordinary example of the Morris 48. She was built with an extremely high level of detail customization and thoughtfulness. She is capable of crossing oceans safely and swiftly, and has already completed one round trip from the US to Europe. She is also equally at home cruising the coast. She is incredibly fast but yet has every amenity needed to provide her owners and guests with the utmost comfort. The Morris 48, and in particular BARRA, is the ultimate in fast, seaworthy, cruisers. New to the market!
LOA: 48 ft 9 in
Beam: 13 ft 10 in
LWL: 42 ft 10 in
Minimum Draft: 8 ft 0 in
Displacement: 28000 lbs
Ballast: 10700 lbs
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (125 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (140 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 3
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
- Hull is foam core construction with a continuous Kevlar/E glass laminate layer in both the outer and inner skin.
- Port and starboard longitudinal outboard girders and bilge stringers.
- Sugar scoop stern.
- Recessed cove stripe.
- Optional (6) hull portlights.
- Dark Green Awlgrip Hull.
- White Awlgrip Boot Stripe.
- Optional Interlux 2000 barrier coat below waterline.
- Micron 66 Green Bottom Paint flag coat.
- Micron 66 Red Bottom Paint.
- Gray gelcoat bilge.
- Deck is foam core construction reinforced with unidirectional fibers and the flange is solid fiberglass where it attaches to the hull.
- Hull /deck joint bonded with 5200 and thru-bolted on 8” centers.
- White Gelcoat deck.
- Tan nonskid.
- Forepeak storage separate from forward cabin by watertight bulkhead.
- Optional fiberglass flush mounted hatch to forepeak.
- Herreshoff style with white bulkheads and contrasting cherry trim with satin varnish.
- Teak and holly cabin sole.
- Optional latched cabin sole liftouts.
- Optional Decolite balsa core bulkheads.
- Hull sheathing in cherry with satin varnish.
- Interior locker’s line with cork.
- Lee cloths on starboard settee, port aft cabin berth, V-berth, and the starboard aft cabin berth.
- Overhead finished with cherry battens.
- Optional four loop varnished cherry handrails on overhead.
- Ultrasuede cushions.
- Doors are cherry style and rail with flat cherry panels.
- Door frames are cherry with arched top and mitered corners.
- Locker doors are cherry style and rail with flat panels.
- Hanging locker doors are cherry style and rail with louvers.
- Companionway ladder is cherry with teak treads.
- Optional cushion foam upgrades (Visco-Elastic on all sleeping berths).
- Optional V-berth layout.
- Shelves with 6” fiddles located on both sides outboard of the berth.
- Two rectangular hull portlights with cherry trim rings mounted port & starboard.
- Hanging locker with two fiddled shelf above and cork lining, and bureau to starboard.
- Bureau with countertop and locker above and two drawers and a drop front below.
- The hull is clad with varnished cherry sheathing.
- Large overhead hatch for ventilation.
- High-pressure laminate-covered bulkheads and Corian countertop with optional satin varnished teak trim.
- Molded fiberglass floor with integral sump and grate.
- Fixed shower, acrylic shower doors, (currently removed from boat).
- Optional Wilcox Skipper manual toilet.
- Scandvik SS oval sink with mixer faucet.
- Scandvik mixer faucet.
- Scanmix thermostatic mixer control for shower.
- Outboard storage cabinet with sliding doors and a shelf.
- Sink cabinet with one locker door.
- Two stainless steel towel bars.
- Corian toothbrush and cup holder, soap dispenser, toilet paper holder, and mirror.
- Small overhead hatch for ventilation.
- U-shaped dinette with large dining table to port in raised salon area.
- Outboard berth in dinette area pulls out to create more sleeping area (outboard leaf of table folds down to act as a lee board).
- Fixed dining table with folding leaves, one drawer, and liquor storage.
- Optional Chart storage locker with a long single drop front door outboard above the dinette seat backrests.
- Optional LCD TV built in a cherry frame mounted on aft bulkhead.
- Starboard settee located forward of the raised salon opposite the galley including optional pull out to make wider berth.
- Two storage lockers above the backrest at the fore and aft ends with varnished sheathing in between.
- Optional hull portlight with a cherry trim ring centered between the two lockers.
- Optional bookshelf built in below the portlight.
- Two overhead hatches provide ventilation.
- Optional second freezer unit is built into the aft leg of the dinette (16” x 16” x 24” deep) with it’s own Seafrost DC compressor system and two evaporator plates.
- Secure U-shaped galley to port two steps down from the raised salon.
- Corian countertops with cherry fiddles.
- Full length storage locker with sliding doors outboard of the stove.
- Optional hull portlight with a cherry trim ring mounted in the galley centered outboard of the stove.
- Sliding storage outboard below portlight.
- Outboard cabinet forward of portlight.
- Optional Microwave oven mounted aft of portlight.
- Custom storage locker for coffeemaker, thermos and coffee mugs mounted on the aft bulkhead above sink.
- Custom tilt-out trash bin.
- Highly polished SS double sink 24” x 15” x 6” deep with a custom trash bin attached to a swing out door below.
- Sponge storage tray, two drawers, one with a silverware tray, lift top storage bin outboard of the sink and a pot locker below stove.
- Ice box is at the forward end of the galley. Seafrost DC refrigeration system. Refrigerator and freezer have separate top loading hatches, large capacity, 4” of insulation, and adjustable custom shelves.
- Overhead storage locker at the forward end of the galley above the ice box. The locker has a full width shelf. Optional open shelves below locker with rod light mounted to the underside of the shelves.
- Force 10 three-burner propane stove with thermostatically controlled oven and broiler.
- Optional cutting board with fiddles to fit on top of stove (storage is in slot directly forward of stove).
- Soap dispenser mounted through the countertop,
- Paper towel holder.
- SS stove guard bar.
- Large overhead hatch provides ventilation.
- Forward facing navigation station.
- Opening top for chart storage.
- Two drawers.
- Upholstered bench seat.
- Custom electrical panel for 12 Volt and 110 Volt systems mounted in a locker outboard.
- Shelving and cabinet for mounting electronics.
- Book storage.
- (2) Optional full length drawers under nav seat.
- Optional recessed pocket outboard of nav seat for binocular storage.
- Optional locker in the lower forward end of the nav station for liquor bottle storage.
- Optional narrow drawer in nav station for storing a notebook computer.
- Optional Targus cooling mat for notebook computer recessed into the chart table top.
- Optional built in computer monitor.
PORT AFT CABIN:
- Double quarterberth is offset to port with one shelf outboard.
- Optional hull portlight with a cherry trim ring.
- Hanging locker with shelf above and ss hanging rod with cork insulation on the hull.
- Bureau aft of hanging locker with optional shelves and fiddles, foot locker and a countertop locker.
- Small overhead hatch for ventilation.
AFT HEAD AND SHOWER:
- High-pressure laminate-covered bulkheads and Corian countertop.
- Optional satin varnished teak trim.
- Vacuflush head system.
- Scandvik SS oval sink with locker below.
- Scandvik mixer faucet.
- Large cabinet outboard of toilet with a single shelf and a pair of single panel sliding doors.
- Wet locker with acrylic doors.
- Wood frame mirror, toilet paper holder, soap dispenser, Corian toothbrush and cup holder and two SS towel bars.
- Separate shower compartment with molded fiberglass floor with integral sump and grate, wall mount shower head, and Scandmix temperature controlled mixer valve.
STARBOARD AFT CABIN:
- 6’4” sleeping berth.
- Full length shelf with fiddle running fore and aft above the berth.
- Cherry hull sheathing.
- Optional hull portlight.
- Engine with Saildrive transmission located aft of the companionway steps.
- Compartment is lined with 1.5” of Thinsulate sound deadening material combined with a layer of cork dampening material and covered with aluminum perforated sound absorption panels.
- Removable gasketed doors have secure easy open latches and are designed for direct access to all engine service points.
- Optional utility light in engine compartment.
- Canvas dodger with roll up front window and large side windows fitted to folding ss bows. The aft bow has a welded ss grab rail covered in elkhide.
- Optional SS side grab rails on dodger.
- Optional canvas cockpit bimini on SS collapsible bows mounted to the stern rail with cover when in stowed position.
- Optional bimini filler piece with a large window can connect bimini and dodger.
- Teak drop boards with storage bag.
- Optional halogen boom light with dimmer switch.
- Optional upgraded Edson Visions II series pedestal with through shaft wheel brake, single lever control, SS guard.
- Optional 60” wheel.
- Optional custom fiberglass trough in cockpit sole to accommodate larger wheel.
- Ritchie 5” Globemaster compass with ss hood.
- Optional larger recess in starboard Tee of cockpit to include engine panel and switches for the exterior lights.
- Cockpit drains with optional sizing to meet ORC requirements.
- Optional groove in port sail locker hatch gutter to accommodate a line allowing hatch to be fully closed.
- Three sail lockers with optional SS gas pistons.
- Optional shelf in starboard lazarette locker to store life raft.
- Optional teak cockpit table with two folding leaves and a fleece lined canvas storage bag.
- Optional teak instrument box mounted to the top of the pedestal.
- All deck fasteners are drilled and tapped.
- Hardware is bedded and bolted through the deck with backing plates.
- Teak dorade boxes with ss cowl vents, Optional removable ss guards, screens, and sliding draft controls.
- Six Manship (Optional) stainless steel hatches with Ocean-Air Skyscreens.
- Large fiberglass low-profile hatch to access chain locker forward of the watertight bulkhead.
- Acrylic sliding companionway hatch.
- Vented propane locker located in the port lazarette locker.
- (8) optional (opening) glass portlights through the cabin side in lieu of fixed ports.
- Optional second opening portlight in the starboard cockpit well.
- (4) bent glass laminated safety glass windows port and starboard.
- (3) flat glass laminated safety glass forward.
- Optional upgraded Low-E glass for salon windows.
- Stainless Steel bow rail with mounting plates for running lights.
- Stainless Steel stern rail with optional extension further forward. Includes stern gate.
- Optional stern rail seat.
- Double lifelines.
- Two piece stainless steel folding ladder at transom.
- Teak handrails.
- Teak toe rails.
- SS deck fills with integral folding levers for all fuel, water, and holding tanks.
- Custom stainless steel chainplates with optional removable cover plates.
- Optional folding padeyes on foredeck for dinghy storage.
- Custom stainless steel mast collar with welded bails.
- Stainless solar vents above each head compartment.
- Optional Upgraded Yanmar 75hp diesel engine.
- Optional Upgraded Yanmar SD50 sail drive. (2011)
- Optional second fuel tank with fuel manifold.
- Electric stop and full instrument panel mounted in the cockpit.
- Optional remote engine panel at the base of the companionway.
- Waterpump fitted with speedseal cover for easy access to the impeller.
- 3 blade Flex-O-Fold 18” propeller.
- Optional dual Racor filter system with vacuum gauge and water sensor. A small LED is mounted behind the bowl.
- Optional Seafire FE-241 automatic fire extinguisher system in the engine compartment with auto shutdown option for engine and generator.
- Optional Reverso oil change pump.
- All below waterline fittings double clamped.
- Engine blower.
- Optional Espar D5L diesel heater with four vents.
WASTE AND GREY WATER:
- One polyethylene holding tank aft.
- One flexible 14.5 gallon holding tank forward.
- Tanks can be emptied overboard through a seacock and discharge pump or by deck pumpout.
- Two separate sump tanks for showers and fridge/freezer discharged overboard by Whale diaphragm pumps.
- Two Stainless Steel tanks with a total capacity of 125 gallons with removable inspection ports.
- Water supply manifold with with full-flow ball valves.
- Stainless steel 10 gallon hot water tank heated by engine or 110 volt AC power.
- Shurflo Smart-Sensor pressure water system pump.
- (2) Optional whale foot pumps at galley sink (one for fresh and one for salt water).
- Optional Seagull X-1F water filter at the galley sink.
- Optional Spectra Ventura 150 watermaker with MPC automatic control unit.
- Optional transom shower with Scandvik mixer and 13’ hose.
- (2) 10# Propane tanks.
- Tee from propane system with hose to BBQ grill.
- Xintex propane system monitor and solenoid with sniffer mounted below galley stove.
- Forespar Marelon type reinforced plastic seacocks.
- Optional core-deletion for future installation of a generator intake seacock in the engine compartment.
- 12 Volt and 110 Volt Electrical systems with combined Mastervolt Panel.
- Electrical panel consists of breakers, illuminated lables, digital voltmeter, digital amp meters polarity indicator, main breakers, battery manager, switches and cross connect system for emergency starting.
- Four 4D AGM House batteries.
- One Optima AGM starting battery.
- 140 Amp engine alternator with Ample power smart voltage regulator.
- Optional second 160 amp alternator and spare Ample Power mulit-stage smart regulator and a Powerline regulator.
- Mastervolt 2000-Watt sine-wave inverter and separate Mass 80-amp charger with remote panel.
- AC outlets in the galley, aft head, forward cabin, main salon, aft cabin, plus optional 6 extra outlets.
- DC outlets in cockpit winch pocket, nav station, plus optional outlets in the foredeck locker and the pedestal.
- (9) Optional extra 12 volt outlets throughout boat’s interior.
- (2) Optioinal two-pin DC inlets in the seahood for solar panels.
- Shorepower inlet and shorepower cord.
- Navigation lights including running lights and stern light (upgraded to LED), combo steaming and foredeck light.
- Optional upgraded Lopolight LED with strobe light option in lieu of standard tri-color masthead light.
- Optional halogen spreader lights.
- Optional halogen flood light at the top of the radar post.
- Swivel reading lights, dome lights (Optional red/white lights), rod lights throughout boat.
- Courtesy lights at the base of companionway ladder and in the stair riser entering the raised salon plus 6 additional optional courtesy lights.
- Optional fans located throughout boat with dedicated circuit breaker on electrical panel.
- Optional boarding light below bottom transom step.
- Copper bonding strap for ground and lightning protection.
- Optional SSB bonding.
- Optional waterproof switch panel in the cockpit for exterior lights.
Electronics and Navigation
- Icom M504 VHF at Nav Station.
- Full function remote VHF microphone mounted at the pedestal.
- B&G H3000 instruments with the performance processor package interfaced with the GPS, autopilot, and radar, also includes a USB cable run to connect to a computer.
- Two GFD displays mounted in the seahood adjacent to the analog wind and magnified wind displays.
- One GFD display mounted at the Nav Station.
- Three large 20/20 displays mounted in a custom bracket on the aft face of the mast.
- Raymarine 125 GPS sensor.
- Raymarine E80 radar/chartplotter at Nav Station.
- Raymarine E80 radar/chartplotter at pedestal
- Raymarine AIS receiver and transmitter.
- Raymarine 2KW radar antenna mounted on radar post at the stern.
- Icom M802 SSB at the Nav Station with AT-140 tuner mounted in lazarette.
- Iridium satellite phone at the Nav Station.
- B&G H3000 autopilot system with Simrad hydraulic drive unit and B&G gyro compass.
- B&G Remote Vision wireless remote for autopilot and instrument system.
- LCD display at the Nav Station.
- Multiplexer at the Nav Station to manage inputs for the computer and Nav data.
- Optional Alpine AM/FM stereo with built-in DVD player.
- (2) Sonance speakers and (2) Alpine speakers for the interior.
- (2) Alpine waterproof cockpit speakers.
- Optional IPOD interface kit for stereo.
- Optional Sharp Aquos 20” LCD TV mounted in the main salon in a cherry frame (interfaced with the Alpine stereo and DVD player, and includes a cable run to computer location in the nav station).
- Shorepower inlet for cable TV.
Spars & Rigging
- Optional Jim Taylor designed double spreader carbon fiber mast.
- Optional carbon fiber boom.
- Optional Dutchman mainsail system.
- Boom vang with optional increased purchase (6:1).
- Discontinuous rod rigging.
- Spartite mast wedge.
- Harken Big Boat traveler located on cabin top forward of the dodger with control lines led aft port and starboard (8:1 purchase).
- Optional double-ended mainsheet system run to secondary winches port and starboard.
- Harken Big Boat genoa tracks with stop cars (optional 8’ tracks with line control cars).
- Rope clutches on cabin top for main halyard, reef lines, main sheet, and jib furling line.
- Optional Harken M4 headsail furler.
- Two reefing lines.
- Masthead windex.
- Optional removable inner forestay system with two halyards, running back stays with detachable tails.
- Optional Antal storm trysail track.
- Optional Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Optional Kevlar backstay with antenna for the SSB bonded to it.
- Optional boom preventer.
- Optional spinnaker package.
- Optional asymmetrical tack line (run aft to a rope clutch and stand-up block outboard of the cockpit.
- Optional G-0 package with a Profurl EC4000 hoistable furler system. Includes a dedicated halyard, rope clutch on spar, sheets and stand-up blocks for sheet leads. Furling line is led aft through a series of stanchion lead blocks to a rope clutch.
- Optional 4” carbon Awlgripped spinnaker pole with mast storage and mast track deployment with adjustable car and butt lift system.
- Optional jib in-hauler.
- Optional hobble strap.
- Optional crossover blocks forward of the cabin top winches.
- North Spectra Norlam full batten mainsail with Batt-slide batten receptacles and two reef points. (2008)
- North Spectra Norlam RF working Jib. (2008)
- North Dacron Staysail. (2008)
- North Dacron Storm Jib. (2008)
- North Dacron Storm Trisail. (2008)
- North 3DL 600 T1 #2 Jib. (2008)
- North 3DL 860 Ti #3 Jib. (2008)
- North 3DL 600 T1 #4 Jib. (2008)
- North 3DL 860 Ti race Main. (2008)
- North A2 Asymmetrical Spinnaker. (2008)
- North Code 0. (2008)
- North A1 Asymmetrical Spinnaker. (2009)
- North 3DL 860 #1 Jib. (2009)
- North A2 Asymmetrical Spinnaker. (2010)
- North 3DL 860 #2 Jib. (2012)
- Optional Lewmar 64 CCEST Electric Primaries.
- Optional Lemmar 58 CCEST Electric for Main Sheet.
- Lewmar 44 STC on cabin top for reefing.
- Lewmar 48 STEC electric winch on cabin top under dodger for main halyard.
- (2) Lewmar STC winches at base of mast for jib and spinnaker halyards.
- Removable anchor roller built to fit a Rocna 45lb anchor with 150’ of 5/16” HT galvanized chain and 100’ of 5/8” braided rode.
- Secondary Fortress Anchor with dedicated rode.
- Optional forward section of forepeak locker is divided with storage for two anchor rodes.
- Electric Muir windlass (optional) with manual override and hand held wired remote (with sockets in the forepeak and the cockpit.
- Shurflo deck washdown system with spigot on foredeck.
- Luke storm anchor mounted below cabin sole.
- 10 Man Winslow liferaft.
- Drogue & tether line.
- Whale diaphragm bilge pump.
- Optional Johnson 2200 electric bilge pump with Ultra Safety Systems float switches in bilge sump.
- Optional Ultra Safety Systems high water bilge alarm.
- Optional Aqualarm bilge alarm to sound every time the pump runs continuously for more than two minutes.
- Edson high capacity manual bilge pump in cockpit.
- Optional Edson 30GPM manual bilge pump below the cabin sole in the main salon.
- Optional CO2 monitor.
- (3) Dry chemical fire extinguishers.
- (2) Mobri radar reflectors.
- Cabin sole lift-outs, chart table, bunk top lift-outs, galley and icebox lids are all secured for knockdowns with latches.
- Extensive spare parts.
- Fenders with fleece covers.
NOTE: Personal items including galleyware (other than built-in items) are excluded from the sale.
Displacement: 28,000 lbs.
Builder: Morris Yachts
Model: Morris 48
Hull Material: Foam core with Kevlar/E glass
Location: Thomaston, ME
Boat Engine: Yanmar
For more information contact: